Dogs are the most loyal friends to humans. But it can be a hustle to keep your house clean with them roaming around. Especially carpets, dogs can stain them easily and cleaning pet urine stains can be a hassle for you. Therefore, it is necessary to make sure your dogs cause minimal or no damage to the carpets. There are several remedies that you can use to deal with your dogs from damaging or staining them. Certain carpets are made up of delicate fabrics, therefore, dogs can be enemies to your carpets. It is necessary to take a few precautions to prevent your carpets from being damaged. There are several methods to keep your carpets clean; such as installing physical barriers like pet gates, keeping the dogs clean, and replacing your pet area with tiles instead of carpets.
Maintenance of your carpets can get messy if you have pet dogs for various reasons. The first thing is the urine stains; out of all, dog urine often leads to the most unpleasant odour, unlike other stains. And it is the hardest to remove, it’s due to the acidity of urine. As it consists of salts, this will aid in fabric damage, if you allow it to sit for long. Are you someone who has pet dogs yet wants to maintain the great look of your carpets? You need to acquire enough knowledge of techniques on how to keep them clean even with your pets. Below is our detailed guide on how to keep your carpets clean with dogs inside the property.
Maintaining The Carpets Clean With Your Dogs Around
Maintaining the condition of your carpets depends on the various factors if you have pets inside the house. Also, it depends on the way you train them. By considering all these variables, you can easily find some effective approaches on how to keep carpets clean with dogs in the house. Here are a few important things to be followed:
- By Keeping Your Dogs Clean: There is another way to cut down the chances of staining and making your carpets dirty. That is to maintain the hygiene of your dogs. This can be a basic thing but will help you in keeping your carpets clean and tidy. You need to bathe them regularly. This will help in reducing the number of germs and dirt that your dogs spread around the carpets.
- Limiting The Entry Of Dirt Into The House: You need to consider doing certain things if you want to keep your carpets clean. It is important to pay attention to how frequently dogs go in and out of your house. Because of this, you can assess the amount of dirt that comes in along with the dog. There are certain dog breeds that need more physical activities like walking outside, etc.
Therefore, this can lead to bringing in a lot of dirt into the house via their paws. This can ruin the carpets and can easily stain them. Along with dirt, they can also bring in microbes and germs. By walking on your carpets, dogs can easily transfer the germs onto them. A better way to tackle this issue is by putting rugs at your entrances. By this, you will be able to reduce the amount of dirt entering the house.
- Setting Up Physical Barriers: Dogs can be very active creatures, because of it, sometimes they make your property untidy. Due to the busy schedule, people even forget to look after the whereabouts of certain things. Pets have no excuse, in such situations. But you can limit their entry using technology. If you set the dog gates, that restricts the movement of your dogs. With this, you can easily manage them even when you are not around. Other accessories like shock dog collars, will train your dogs with certain behavioural patterns. This will help you in resisting the damage that dogs can cause to your carpets.
- Other Hacks That Can Help
- Replacing the carpets with tile flooring.
- Cleaning any pet stains immediately with the help of a pet friendly carpet cleaning agent.
- Vacuuming your carpets regularly can also help.
- Isolate them to a specific area, so that you can limit the dog’s movements around your home.
- Using agents like baking soda can be of great help to clean any dog stains. By using it immediately on the stain, you can get rid of stains easily.
- If any stubborn stains or damages occur, seek help from professionals who can find better solutions.
Even after taking extreme care, you do tend to observe certain damages to your carpets. So, it is necessary to take that extra care and incorporate these hacks into your daily life. This will help in limiting the damages that dogs can cause to your carpets. Maintaining carpets can be a tough job; when you have dogs in your house. With all the love dogs give you, you need to find ways to curb the carpet issues caused by them. Dog training also plays a major role if you want to incorporate some new changes in the behavioural patterns of your dogs. This can be achieved by giving them regular treats and good food. Also, you need to keep a check on all the activities like dog-peeing, etc. Along with these, professionally cleaning your carpets occasionally can be of great use.